Heaton is an inner-city suburb in the east of Newcastle upon Tyne. Boasting a large Victorian Park, Pet’s Corner and many shops, bars and cafes, it’s a popular area with both families and students.
Thanks to Newcastle Libraries for use of the image at the top of this page. It shows The Bowling Green in Heaton Park, roughly a century ago.
Heaton Through The Ages
Heaton Now and Then
Uploaded to YouTube on 28 Aug 2012 by Aaron Swallow.
“It is a photography exhibition and film based upon old photographic images of Heaton, Newcastle and combines recreating these images with present day film footage. It also features interviews with local residents and business people and music and poetry by local musicians and poets.”
Discover the perfect
Birthday and Christmas Gifts
for people interested in
Which page would you like to see next?
- Heaton Now and Then
- Heaton Old And New
- Old Byker and Heaton Newcastle upon Tyne
- Chillingham Road Bus Ride (2007)
- Chillingham Road Primary School (2008)
- Snowfall in Heaton (2010)
- Heaton Voices at City Hall (2011)
- Flooding In Chillingham Road (2012)
- Flooding In Heaton & Byker (2012)
- The Baldy Holly Band At Peggy Sue’s Café (2015)
- Tutti Frutti At Peggy Sue’s Diner (2015)
Or find more locations in our Sitemap for England