Old Images of Blackfriars Bridge, London

Categorised as London
Blackfriars Bridge and St Paul's Cathedral 1801
"VIEW of BLACKFRIARS BRIDGE and ST PAUL'S from the PATENT SHOT MANUFACTORY on the SOUTH SIDE of the RIVER" by Daniel Turner, published on 1st September 1803 by Laurie & Whittle, 53 Fleet Street, London, part of the Topographical Collection of George III archive held by the British Library

Glimpse history through old images of Blackfriars Bridge in London.

In 1896, horse drawn carriages and omnibuses transported passengers across the River Thames.

Queen Victoria opened the new Blackfriars Bridge on on 6 November 1869. It replaced the original structure which was first opened as a toll bridge back in 1769.

Blackfriars Bridge (1896): LondonsScreenArchive on YouTube