The historic county of Worcestershire in England is known for the Cathedral city of Worcester, outstanding countryside and its major waterways of the River Severn and River Avon.
- Which Counties Border Worcestershire?
- Are Worcester And Worcestershire The Same Place?
- What Cities And Towns Are In Worcestershire?
- Local History Videos
- Local History On Facebook
- Local History Groups And Resources In Worcestershire
Which Counties Border Worcestershire?
Worcestershire’s borders meet:
- Staffordshire to the north
- Shropshire at the north-west
- West Midlands county to the north and north-east
- Warwickshire to the east
- Herefordshire to the west
- Gloucestershire (with the Cotswolds) to the south
Are Worcester And Worcestershire The Same Place?
Worcester is a cathedral city, located in the historic county of Worcestershire which is also home to almost three hundred towns and villages.
Worcester is worth visiting to see the tombs of Henry VIII’s older brother Arthur and King John in the Cathedral, where you’ll also find the multi-columned Norman crypt first built for the original monastic church begun by bishop Saint Wulfstan of Worcester in 1084.
The beautiful countryside, littered with stately homes, parks and quaint villages is a big draw to walkers and those who delight in England’s past.
What Cities And Towns Are In Worcestershire?
The county of Worcestershire has one city, Worcester, which is home to a magnificent Norman cathedral and the University of Worcester.
The Worcestershire towns include:
- Droitwich Spa
- Tenbury Wells
Local History Videos
The highlighted towns and villages listed above click through to a new page, where you will find links to relevant online videos. Over time, more pages and links will be added.
Local History On Facebook
We haven’t found any Facebook pages or groups related to Worcestershire local history. If you know of any, please do let us know.
Local History Groups And Resources In Worcestershire
- Alcester & District Local History Society
- Alvechurch Historical Society
- Archive and Archaeology Service, Worcestershire County Council
- The Badsey Society
- Belbroughton History Society
- Bewdley Historical Research Group
- British Newspaper Archive
- Broadway History Society
- Bromsgrove Society Local History Group
- Chaddesley Corbett Local History Society
- Churchill and Blakedown Historical Society
- Clent History Society
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Droitwich History & Archaeology Society
- Feckenham Forest History Society
- Francis Frith Collection (Photographs)
- Friends of Worcestershire Archives
- Gazeteer of markets and fairs in England and Wales to 1516
- Hallow History Group
- Hagley Historical & Field Society
- Hagley Archives Group
- Hagley Historical & Field Society
- Hartlebury History Society
- Heritage Gateway
- Historical Directories of England & Wales
- Historic Droitwich and Dodderhil Research Group
- Historic Environment Record (HER)
- Kidderminster and District Archaeological and Historical Society
- Langley Local History Society
- Lickey Hills Local History Society
- Midland Ancestors: Bromsgrove
- Midland Ancestors Stourbridge
- Malvern Civic Society
- Malvern Family History Society
- Malvern Museum of Local History
- Marks and Spencer Archive
- The Milestone Society (Worcester Group)
- North East Medals
- North Worcestershire Archaeology Group
- Pershore Heritage & History Society
- Quinton Local History Society
- Redditch Local History Society
- Romsley & Hunnington History Society
- Sainbury’s Archive
- Simon De Montfort Society
- Teme Valley Historical Society
- The Hanleys’ Village Society
- Vale of Evesham Historical Society
- Victoria County History (Institute of Historical Research, University of London)
- Worcestershire Archives and Archaeology Service
- Witley Court Society
- Wolverley & Cookley Historical Society
- Worcestershire Archaeological Society
- Worcestershire Industrial Archaeology & Local History Society
- Worcestershire Historical Society
- Worcestershire Local History Forum
- Wichenford Local Heritage GroupWyre Forest Historical Research Group
- Wyre Forest U3A History Group
- Wythall History Society
Back to Home page.
Thanks to InspiredImages from Pixabay for the photo at the top of this page.