Sixties Birmingham (1960s)
Synoneiro: Published on 7 Apr 2013.
Super-8 cine footage of a drive through Birmingham. Then there are shots of the countryside, which may be somewhere near the city.
The date is unknown, but would be in the late 1960s.
Includes a glimpse of the then-new original Bull Ring centre which was completed and opened in 1964.
Original footage shot by Pat McKeever , who sadly passed away in 1984.
When you watch a video on our site, it streams directly from YouTube. That means the person who uploaded the film gets an increase in their YouTube ‘views’ count, in turn making YouTube more likely to promote their footage to other people.
Which video would you like to watch next?
- Page 1 A Drive Around Central Birmingham (1950s)
- Page 2 Birmingham (1959)
- Page 3 Birmingham Memories (1960s)
- Page 4 Trips to Birmingham (1960s)
- Page 5 Sixties Birmingham (1960s)
- Page 6 Birmingham Bullring At Christmas (1963)
- Page 7 Birmingham Town Centre (1964)
- Page 8 Bull Ring Centre Opened (1964)
- Page 9 Birmingham Town Centre (1964)
- Page 10 Bull Ring Shopping Centre (1965)
- Page 11 Old Birmingham Postcards (1960s/1970s)
- Page 12 Birmingham 1970
- Page 13 Remembering Old Kong Bullring Birmingham (1972)
- Page 14 Pubs and Clubs of Birmingham (1970s & 1980s)
- Page 15 Birmingham (1970s/1980s)
- Page 16 Pub and Club Scene in Birmingham (1970s & 1980s)
- Page 17 A Drive Around Central Birmingham Bullring (1981)
- Page 18 Bullring Market, Birmingham (1981)
- Page 19 A Drive Along Birmingham Hagley Road and Broad Street (1981)
- Page 20 Telly Savalas Looks at Birmingham (1981)
- Page 21 Birmingham (1987)