Old photos and vintage film are an excellent way to bring the local history of Birmingham to life.
Our previous section about Birmingham’s History in old photos and films took us up to the end of the 1940s.
Now we turn to the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. It’s a period of significant change and transformation in England’s second largest city.
Birmingham In The 1950s
A Drive Around Central Birmingham (1950s)
Idowish12; Published to YouTube on 14 Apr 2011.
A drive around town in the early 1950s, Broad Street, Easy Row, Victoria Square, New Street, Corporation Street, Bull Street, and Colmore.
When you watch a video on our site, it streams directly from YouTube. That means the person who uploaded the film gets an increase in their YouTube ‘views’ count, in turn making YouTube more likely to promote their footage to other people.
Which video would you like to watch next?
- Page 1 A Drive Around Central Birmingham (1950s)
- Page 2 Birmingham (1959)
- Page 3 Birmingham Memories (1960s)
- Page 4 Trips to Birmingham (1960s)
- Page 5 Sixties Birmingham (1960s)
- Page 6 Birmingham Bullring At Christmas (1963)
- Page 7 Birmingham Town Centre (1964)
- Page 8 Bull Ring Centre Opened (1964)
- Page 9 Birmingham Town Centre (1964)
- Page 10 Bull Ring Shopping Centre (1965)
- Page 11 Old Birmingham Postcards (1960s/1970s)
- Page 12 Birmingham 1970
- Page 13 Remembering Old Kong Bullring Birmingham (1972)
- Page 14 Pubs and Clubs of Birmingham (1970s & 1980s)
- Page 15 Birmingham (1970s/1980s)
- Page 16 Pub and Club Scene in Birmingham (1970s & 1980s)
- Page 17 A Drive Around Central Birmingham Bullring (1981)
- Page 18 Bullring Market, Birmingham (1981)
- Page 19 A Drive Along Birmingham Hagley Road and Broad Street (1981)
- Page 20 Telly Savalas Looks at Birmingham (1981)
- Page 21 Birmingham (1987)